Ask Your Library
Rosie Riveter Fall Programs - FREE
Registration for our 2019 Summer Programs will open on Wednesday, August 28th at 8pm. 2019 Saturday dates are: September 21st, October 19th, November 16th, December 14th. Various locations. https://rosieriveters.regfox.com/rosie-riveters-fall-2019-saturday-program
K-1st Grade: 10:30am-11:30am
2nd-5th Grade: 10:30am-12:30pm
6th-8th Grade: 10:30am-12:30pm
The core of Rosie Riveters’ programs is a project-based, after-school curriculum for girls aged 4-14 (grades pre-K-8) that is open to the public and is completely free of charge. Each of the twelve sessions of our 4-week program features:
- an interactive overview of a STEM concept (density, circuits, chemical reactions, etc.);
- a tangible and hands-on project that explores that concept;
- exploration of real-world careers associated with the above project through interaction with mentors.
The hands-on projects at the core of our program teach STEM skills, encourage girls to develop their own creative processes for design and implementation, and enable them to see their skills in action. All these elements work together to develop each participant’s confidence in her abilities.
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019
- 8:00pm - 11:59pm
- Engineering Information Technology Development and Programming Information Technology Networking Information Technology Systems