Ask Your Library
TAI CHI Lessons at the Oakton Library
TAI CHI lessons are great for those with movement disorders. The class focuses on combining wellness exercises and the Simplified TaiJi 8 Forms to achieve maximum health benefits.
There are 3 parts of the introductory class.
- Warm-up: the full body stretches (from hands to toes to promote flexibility.
- The 8 movements improve the internal energy circulation: Qigong 8 Brocades.
- Simplified TaiJi 8 Forms: These simplified 8 Forms introduces participants to the concept of "shifting weight" to learn controlled movement and therefore improve our balance. Participants can either stand or sit down to do warm-up and/or 8 Brocades.
This event has 6 sessions. Registration is required for each session. No previous experience necessary. Adults, Older Adults.
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Oakton Meeting Room 1, Oakton Meeting Room 2
- Library Branch:
- Oakton Library
- Health & Wellness