Ask Your Library
TAI CHI Lessons at the Oakton Library
The classes introduce people to the first part of TaiJi 24 forms. Participants can learn to shift weight and strengthen muscle controls from each movement, which in turn can improve their balance and flexibility.
Parts of classes:
- Every class begins with the warm-up/stretch routines and including "TaiJi walks".
- The first class will be reviewing "Simplified TaiJi 8 forms" to re-enforce the basic movements.
- From the 2nd class and forward, one or two movements from TaiJi 24 forms will be introduced.
- Every class ends with one of the eight movements of 8 Brocades.
This event has 8 sessions. Registration is required for each session. No previous experience necessary. Adults, Older Adults.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023 Show more dates
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Oakton Meeting Room 1, Oakton Meeting Room 2
- Library Branch:
- Oakton Library
- Health & Wellness
- Adults Older Adults
Registrations open at 1:00pm Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Oakton Library Staff